Thursday, April 21, 2011

Where did it all go?

I should introduce myself...Hi my name is Elise and I am obese. Hey, that rhymes! According to the chart in my doctor's office I need to lose 11 more pounds to get out of the danger zone. I am telling you this to set the scene for the rest of the story for people who do not know me.

So we signed up for a triathlon, and my current swimsuit is a swim dress. I included a picture of one below in case you are not familiar with them.





This is not me or my swim dress, but as you can see swim dresses cover flab without making you look like a sausage. I love my swim dress because it is great for floating in the pool. Unfortunately, I do not think the officials or my fellow participants in the triathlon would like it very much if I brought my pool noodle and slowly floated around the pool for 250M.


The problem with my swim dress is that it is a dress, and when I go to do the somersault thingy to turn around at the end of a lap it will go over my head and potentially drown me or worse yet expose the black "bikini" under the dress. I have no idea why they designed the hidden part as a two piece suit with super strong flab resistant black mesh in between the top and the bottom, but they did.


To solve this problem I decided to look for a one piece suit sans the dress. Last weekend I took Paige to get her swimsuit for training, and it went so well I decided to try on a suit or two myself. I found one that was super cute and in my size and went into the dressing room. I had Paige and Ty sit outside while I tried it on.


Warning: Body parts are discussed below...if you are uncomfortable talking about body parts stop reading now!


I pulled the suit up and was amazed at how it magically made all of my flab disappear. I thought, "Where did it all go?"


I literally did a gut check and decided that I would actually be comfortable wearing this suit at a pool. Then I did a quick butt check and nothing was hanging out. Eyes back to the front to check out my boobs and I was disappointed because the suit just could not contain them. I pulled and tugged and tried to figure out if I could get the suit altered to get them under control.


At this point I decided to ask Paige for her opinion. She came into the fitting room and agreed that the swim suit was cute, but the the top needed to be fixed so I wouldn't flop out. Ty peeked his head in the room as Paige and I discussed what I could do, and he said "Mom turn around and show Paige the back."


I turned around and both of them said at the exact same time, "It looks like you have boobs on your back." You guessed it! I found out where some of my flab had magically gone! All three of us laughed hysterically as we looked at my back boobs.


After we stopped laughing I took the swim suit off, and I decided to continue my search another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment