Thursday, April 7, 2011

Well, now I know...

Why Elise was so quick to agree to do the Hustle with me.  LOL.  I think I’m still in shock that she agreed so quickly.  Kind of like when I told her about my other friend who was doing the warrior dash –(Jumping over FIRE… Viking Helmet… I’m in!).   Elise doesn’t take much convincing – which is good b/c once I commit to something WITH someone; I’m in it for the long haul.  It’s easy to bail on YOURSELF – but I can’t and won’t bail on a friend.
And, for the record, a BUNCH of people on Internet Explorer were having issues registering for the Hustle when registration opened!  See.. this was their Facebook page that morning!

I was finally able to complete registration via the handy dandy iPhone…  I seriously would NOT have left her hanging..   well, not on purpose!  Not that obviously at least.  LOL.
So, you see Facebook is not necessarily ALL bad!  It reconnected us, got our kids to be buddies, and got us on this crazy physical adventure!
Now if I can just get motivated and break up with my snooze bar, I may actually survive these next few months.

I told him this morning that things were done – that I’ve really enjoyed our time together, but that I must move on.. That it’s not him.. it’s me.  I just hope I have the wherewithal to stand my ground when he tries to get me back in the morning!  He is so cute, and comforting… he never argues with me…  we really do get along great…  but if I continue this going-nowhere relationship, I will not get the coveted Viking helmet!  And really, that’s what this is all about, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment