Sunday, April 17, 2011

Warning: The Excellent Adventure Spirit is contagious!

When people first heard that we were doing the Hustle up the Hancock they were surprised, and I think that in the back of their minds they thought,
"They're nuts I could never do that."
Then I told people we would be wearing costumes while doing the Warrior Dash with the mud, fire, tires and other obstacles along a 3.1 mile course, and that convinced them we were crazy. But after we completed the Hustle something started to happen...people began to think
"If they can do it, maybe I can too!"
As Denise and I came up with different parts to our adventure I began to hear,
"That sounds fun! I want to do it too."

And team Linkalicous and The Pink Ladies were formed for the Great Urban Race in July.

Then something even more exciting happend, people started to come up with new ideas for our adventure and not because they wanted to see if we could do them, but because they wanted to be a part of our Excellent Adventure with us! That is how we wound up in the Woodridge Kid & Mini Triathlon in August.

So the next time you hear us talk about our Excellent Adventure don't be surprised if you catch the spirit and wind up on our team because if we can do it you can too!

No comments:

Post a Comment