Saturday, April 9, 2011

Aw Crap!

So, you know what happens when you have a (now not so) secret affair with your snooze bar for 5-6 weeks?????  You lose anything you had worked on until that point (except weight – you don’t lose weight!).
There was no snooze bar today – I refused to set an alarm clock as this was the first day in about 5 weeks that I didn’t have to have myself or one of my little people somewhere at a specific time.  And my littlest little person (Jilly) – doesn’t come equipped with a snooze bar – Can someone work on that?!?
After a morning of errands, I was DETERMINED to get out and do SOMETHING physical today.. so I laced up my shoes, put in my headphones… and re-launched my C25K app on the iphone.
Note to those of you not familiar:  C2K5 is a running program developed to get you from the couch to running a 5 K in 8 weeks.  It rocks, and I highly recommend it.  The only thing it doesn’t do, is keep your endurance up when you take a sabbatical.
So, today, 3 weeks before my first 5 K of the season, I re-started the C25K program.  Yeah, I did the math…  I’m screwed.. but I’m moving, and that’s the important thing I guess.  And today kicked my butt.  I’m not ashamed to say it.. 
We are allegedly seeing temps in the 80’s tomorrow – so I will do W1D2 and keep this party started.  I’m not holding out much hope for my May runs, but I am determined to kick some Viking butt in the Warrior Dash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment